This is an old revision of the document!
Table of Contents
The db&w Tools are a collection of small plugins for LightWave 3D.
They've initially been written out of personal need, due to user suggestions, as a playground or to complement our products.
As of November 1st 2018, all future versions will only be available to our patrons on Patreon. We want to continue developing the plugins for you, with you.
We hope that you will enjoy using them ;)
Toolkits are a collection of plugins to facilitate new features.
- Spline Toolkit (S-Tk) a set of plugins for spline handling in Layout, currently WiP, to be developed in multiple stages.
As a general note, the nodal editors in LightWave 3D treat both vectors and colours the same way. Both are three floating point values and may be used interchangeably.
- Audio Frequency Node - analyses audio and extracts frequency specific amplitudes
- Sequencer - turns sequences of numbers into a pseudo-random distribution
- Time Info - returns the current time and frame
- Get Automatic Size - Exposes the automatic size and bounding box as computed by LightWave 3D
- Instance Inspector - Exposes information about a specific instance
- Elbow Node - Helps clean up node graphs - is not related to rigging. ;)
- Bilerp - A simple gradient in UV space using four colours for the edges as well as a texture projection
- Colour Booster - boost colour by multiplying them
- Colour Space - convert from one colour space to another
- Hash Colour - Creates a colour based on the hash value of the current surface name
- Simple Colour Corrector - colour correct a value with a few extras
- Sticky Front UV - stick a front projection to moving items and, optionally, render the UVs for a compositing tool
- Image Gradient - Samples an image to extract colours
- Material Tweaker - Tweak materials, don't twerk them.
These nodes create or operate on boolean values. These are integers that are either 0 (False) or 1 (True) and can, for example, be used to switch between two values depending on various conditions.
- Multi-Mixer Mix multiple inputs using individual weights, similar to the native Morph Mixer
- Scalar/Vector/Material Multi-Switcher Switch between multiple inputs using an index
- Variables (Angle, Colour, Distance, Percentage, Position, Rotation, Scalar, Scale)
a collection of nodes similar to the native constant nodes, but with the option to motion blur the evaluation of their envelopes or even drive the time of evaluation directly - update
- Multi-Variables Node A node that hosts multiple variables of different types including GUI controls for them.
- Vector Motion Blur Applies motion blur as a displacement based on motion vectors store in a vertex map.
Generic Plugins (Layout)
Master Plugins (Layout)
- DoF Helper - visualise and edit the parameters that affect Depth of Field.
- UV Distort An interactive tool to distort UVs to match an image
- UV Transform An interactive tool to transform (move, scale, rotate, fit) UVs
As of November 1st 2018, all future versions will only be available to our patrons on Patreon.
We mail links to personalised builds to all patrons as soon as we release them.
Older db&w Tools are available in our download section for Windows and MacOS.
These plugins are copyrighted by db&w GbR. Current builds are only provided to patrons as of November 2018.
These programs are provided *as is* without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
A summary of our first six months on Patreon