Table of Contents
This node has changed drastically due to the new shading model using by LightWave 3D 2018.
It modifies the weights for the component channels used later on by shading and allows you to boost them (changing their contribution to the material) as well as changing their colours using blend modes.
- Diffuse/Specular/Reflection/Translucency/Soft Refraction/Refraction This defines a foreground colour/value to be mixed into the respective channel using the Tint and Boost.
- Tint This defines how much the respective material channel is tinted by the colour.
- Boost This is multiplied with the channel colour/value to boost it. Values lower than 100% will lower the contribution of the channel.
- Material Transparency Activate this if the material contains transparencies and you would like those be evaluated for radiosity.
- Camera Rays Only Only applies the node if the current spot is directly visible by the camera.
- Material This is the material to be tweaked
All remaining inputs correspond to the controls in the user interface.
Andrew Comb use the Material Tweaker alongside other free db&w Tools in his Advanced Shading Tutorial presented at the San Diego LightWave Users Group.
tools/materialtweaker.txt · Last modified: 2020/06/24 15:08 by lightwolf