Table of Contents
Releases in 2019
- Added the first changes to the Spline Toolkit:
- Add the option to evaluate a spline at a real world distance along the spline, as opposed to a %
- Patron Request: Added command to add and edit a spline in one go.
- Patron Request: Added relative distance evaluation mode, which uses a percentage but based on the spline lenght to allow for constant speed along the spline.
- Fixed a crash if the evaluation/display steps are set to 0. Why do you do this to me? ;)
- A Merry Christmas to all of our patrons - This year you get the Instance Inspector node as a present:Instance Inspector
- Added a viewport button to toggle the DoF for the selected camera to the DoF Helper.
- Added the Preview version of DoF Helper, the Plugin of the Month for November 2019.
- S-Tk: Fixed issues with the undo not working as expected. If you still find any issues, please get in touch with specific steps.
- S-Tk: Added empty lines to the RMB menus to group related items.
- Halloween is over and our hidden change is gone as well.
- S-Tk: Added the new shape animation tools to the db&w Spline primitive as well as the Spline Edit tool. Edit Tool: Shape Animation
- This is pumpkin themed, Halloween special edition - if you can spot it. The next release will be back to normal.
- S-Tk: Re-worked the drawing of the spline “shadow”. It is now drawn in world space at the back (from the view position) of the bounding box for the spline, using the axis colours.
Known Issues: If the transformation of the item hosting the db&w Spline primitive is changed 1), the shadow will sometimes not update until you scrub a frame.
- S-Tk: Added animation to the Spline Tool ( Spline Edit (Layout Tool) - Animation ) and made sure the evaluating plugins use it as well. Please consider this as a beta/preview release for now.
- S-Tk: Fixed the spline edit tool crashing then a spline with no knots is closed.
- S-Tk: Fixed various issues with the evaluation and draw caches not always updating as expected while editing a spline.
- S-Tk: Added the Spline Displacement (Node) to the Plugin of the Month.
- Fixed an issue where mis-clicking while the Spline Edit tool was active would select another item.
- S-Tk: Added the Plugin of the Month: Spline Proximity (node).
- Added an option to display the “shadow” of the selected spline in the Spline Preferences
- Added an option to save the current settings as defaults in the Spline Preferences. This are stored in the LW config directory.
- Some performance tweaks to when the spline primitive pre-computes caches.
- S-Tk: Fixed an issue of the spline editor crashing if an item that doesn't contain a spline was selected and some various operations were performed.
- S-Tk: Changes to alignment and the edit tool:
- Twist is gone, the alignment is now controlled using an up vector that can be edited
- Due to changes in how the alignment is computed, the evaluation steps setting is gone now.
- A bug the caused the evaluation per span not to work as expected has been fixed
- While editing a spline using the Layout Tool, a new spline can be selected for editing. Caution: This clears the undo stack!
- Changed the prefs by adding a tab for selected and deselected splines. The alignment drawing can be selected for each of these states.
- Some sample scenes have been created for the Spline Toolkit. The link is included in the mails sent to patrons.
- S-Tk: The first stage of the Spline Toolkit is included:
- Now it works on macOS as well
- There's a whole section on the wiki dedicated to it: https://wiki.db-w.com/tools/s-tk/start
- Known issues: Orientation along the spline is still wonky and requires a second look and more thought.
- Channel Blender now has the option to swap channel components around
- Scene Comment is back and now it's using LW's internal text editor component.
- Added a button to the respective documentation in the wiki to all plugins that display the db&w Tools logo in the GUI.
- Added Preview version of S-tk - More information is available here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/update-first-s-28101403
- Added dbwTools.cfg, which can be imported as a menu branch in the Layout Menu Editor.
- Added matrix operations to X-Maths, this is the release version.
- Added the first version of X-Maths: X-Maths Matrix operations will be added as well
- Fixed an issue in the Multi-Switcher nodes where inputs got lost when copying a node.
- Final version of the three Multi-Switcher nodes, the Plugin of the Month for April. The documentation is available here: Scalar/Vector/Material Multi-Switcher
- Added the “Get Automatic Size” as a bonus plugin for you supporting us for six months on Patreon. The documentation is available here: Get Automatic Size
- Added at the initial version of the three Multi-Switcher nodes, the Plugin of the Month for April.
- Fixed a multi-threading issue evaluating envelopes in the variable nodes while rendering (this is only relevant if the Time input is used).
- Includes the final release of the UV Distort tool for Modeler. Select a UV map, select some geometry, activate the tool and work away in a UV view.
- a right click will recall the last settings used by the tool during the current modelling session.
- there is a glitch in the GUI sizing code, due to a bug in LW. Changing the size of the panel will fix it.
- The documentation will be added to the wiki soon.
- Fixed an issue in the Luminosity gamma of all simple colour correction tools, which could lead to a hang while rendering.
- Includes the first preview version of the UV Distort tool for Modeler. Select a UV map, select some geometry, activate the tool and work away in a UV view.
- Includes the Motion Vector Node for the OD Houdini Shelf Tools
- various small fixes
- This build included the final version of the Multi-Image Sampler
- Multi-Image Sampler: Added a TileValue output which can be used to mask other tools.
- Multi-Image Sampler: Exposed the Noise Frequency for better control of the randomness.
- Multi-Image Sampler: Replaced the Probability vector with three different envelopes.
- Multi-Image Sampler and other nodes that display images in the GUI: Transparent images will now be displayed in front of a checkerboard.
- macOS only: As of this version, the minimum requirement for the db&w Tools is macOS 10.11 (El Capitan) or higher.
- Added the preview version of the plugin of the month for February 2019, the Random Image Mapper node.
Preliminary documentation is available here: Random Image Mapper
- Multi-Image Sampler: Bump now takes the alpha channel of the image into account.
- Multi-Image Sampler: The list now works in LightWave 3D 2019
- Multi-Image Sampler: Minor tweaks to the GUI
- Single Light Lambert: When selecting no light, all lights are used again.
Version 2019.01.23 *Preview*
- Final Version of the Multi-Image Sampler
- Added the Reflection Lines procedural texture, our (late) Christmas present for patrons.
- Added a Time input to the Variables (Angle, Colour, Distance, Percentage, Position, Rotation, Scalar, Scale) nodes, allowing for the envelopes to be sampled at a specific time:
usually by changing it interactively, i.e. moving the item
tools/releases_2019.txt · Last modified: 2020/11/09 13:27 by lightwolf