Table of Contents
Spline Motion (Motion Plugin)
This node can evaluate Spline Primitive and return the position as well as the orientation at any position along the spline.
Allows you to pick any of the Spline Primitive in the scene to evaluate.
This is the position on the spline. Depending on the Displacement Type, 0-100% is either the complete length of a spline or the first span. 100%-200% would then be the second span respectively.
This determines how the Displacement is interpreted to evaluate the spline.
- Complete Spline In this mode, the spline is taken as a whole, 0% is the start of the spline, 50% the middle of it and 100% the end.
- Per Span In this mode, every successive value of 100% corresponds to a span. For example, an open spline has five knots - which is four spans. 400% would then be the and of the spline. 250% would evaluate half way between the third and the fourth knot.
If Look Ahead is off, the rotation will align to the spline at the current position.
If Look Ahead is turned on, the rotation will be align to a different position on the spline, depending on the value of Look Ahead Displacement.
Look Ahead Displacement
If Look Ahead is enabled, this determines how far ahead (or back) along the spline the point is that the rotation aligns to. This is using the same units as Displacement and also depends on Displacement Type.
This value is added to the current position.
Computes the point on the spline and the orientation in world as opposed to object coordinates.
Determines what happens if the displacement would evaluate before the start or beyond the end of the spline respectively.
These options are only available for open splines:
- Hold Holds the position at the start or the end of the spline respectively.
- Loop Loops the position on the spline.
- Mirror Mirrors the position on the spline.
The positions computed by the node may be modified here. The input position is whatever the motion stack provides up to the plugin, usually the keyframed position.
- Replace (default) The position value of the axis is overwritten with the value computed by the node.
- Ignore The computed position on the spline is ignored and the original value passes through.
- Add The computed value on the spline is added to the position.
- Multiply The computed value on the spline is multiplied by the position.
The rotation computed by the node may be modified here. The input rotation is whatever the motion stack provides up to the plugin, usually the keyframed rotation.
- Replace (default) The rotation value of the axis is overwritten with the value computed by the node.
- Ignore The computed rotation on the spline is ignored and the original value passes through.
- Add The computed value on the spline is added to the rotation.