JPEG 2000 and ECW conversion tools
In addition to the Converter shipping with infiniMap there are numerous other tools to convert images to the JPEG 2000 or the ECW image file format:
- Photoshop® CC by Adobe (http://www.adobe.com)
Photoshop® now supports JPEG 2000 images as well, so you can save your images in JPEG 2000 from within Photoshop® CC
- j2k by Fnord software (http://www.fnordware.com/j2k/)
A free compression/decompression library for Photoshop® and After Effects®, both Mac and Windows are supported.
- JasPer by Michael D. Adams (http://www.ece.uvic.ca/~mdadams/jasper/)\\This is a free implementation of a JPEG 2000 compressor/decompressor, source code included. It allows for command line compression of images, there are some graphical front-ends available though (most notable, GeoJasPer at http://www.dimin.net/software/utils.html ).
- LuraWave by LuraTech (http://www.luratech.com)
A commercial compressor available either as a stand-alone tool or as a Photoshop® plugin.
- JPEG Toolbox V2 by Morgan Multimedia (http://www.morgan-multimedia.com)
- JPEG 2000 / A3D Compressor from Anything 3D (http://www.anything3d.com)
Most of these compression tools will choke on images that are larger than your main memory. Also TIFF images beyond 2GB are a problem for most conversion tools (since the TIFF standard is only a 32bit standard 1)).
For large scale compression we recommend Power Compressor by Hexagon (http://www.hexagongeospatial.com/products/power-portfolio/compression - formerly ER Mapper) or Manifold® System by manifold.net (http://www.manifold.net) for the budget conscious.
While there is a 64-bit extension to TIFF, it's hardly supported.
infinimap2018/j2k_tools.txt · Last modified: 2017/12/27 10:41 by lightwolf