This is an old revision of the document!
Table of Contents
We recommend removing any previous versions in the LightWave 3D plug-in editor and re-adding the current one to make sure that all new plugins are available.
- Added the initial implementation of the Projection Ex system: Projection Ex
- Added a Normal Multi-Mixer node.
- Fixed an issue where spline control points wouldn't follow nulls in world coordinates.
- Fixed an issue where the Wheel Rotation node wouldn't rotate the wheel without a cache
- Fixed an issue in the Material Multi-Mixer, materials weren't mixed properly
- Made sure that no negative numbers can be entered for the S-Tk spline display steps.
- Updates to the Scratch node:
- On macOS, it always assumed it was on a scratch.
- Added the Variation inputs and controls.
- Made various scratch parameters even more random™
- Tweaked the Rotation output to allow for full rotations.
- Includes the first build of the Scratch node, out Plugin of the Month for Februrary 2021
- Small GUI clean up in the Wheel Rotation GUI.
- Changed the link to the wiki for the Wheel Rotation Control generic plugin.
- Added the first version of the Texture Repetition node.
- Updated the documentation for the Wheel Rotation plugins, added docs for the Texture Repetition node.
- The first release for 2021 - yay!
- Finally for the updated Wheel Rotation node to work and it's been a struggle. Please consider this as a preview build.
- add Align option - this requires the wheel to be build so -Z is forward and the axle is along the X axis.
- Align works if the wheel moves forward as well as if it moves backwards.
- add a cache (needs to be updated manually if anything that would influence the wheel position changes)
- add saving and loading of the cache (optionally, equivalent to baking it)
- added a generic plugin to control all Wheel Rotation plugins in a scene
- updated the included menu branch to include the “Wheel Rotation…” generic
- still needs testing, the Motion Modifier and Channel Modifier versions will follow.
- Fixed a bug introduced some time ago while trying to speed things up - now a change in the panels of a node will trigger a VPR refresh again - as well as whatever else needs to be triggered.
- Added a diffuse colour texture to the PBR Texture Set node - now it can contain a full metallic as well as a full specular set.
- Fixed the normal mapping code for the PBR Texture Set node.
- Fixed the bump mapping code (used by all nodes that compute a bump map).
- Fixed an issue in the Spline Toolkit if a knot follows an item and the spline is attached to a transformed parent item.
- No changes to the Wheel Rotation node but this is a release version now.
- We'd like to congratulate Mikael “Cageman” Burman for being the first patron on the sponsor tier.
- More Tweaks to the Wheel Rotation node1):
- Added a principal direction which then also allows for the wheel rotation to change direction
- Added a Rotation Multiplier envelope to stop the rotation or change the rotation speed.
- Fixed issues in the Wheel Roation node: Fixing the start and end frame didn't work, the Rotation Channel selection didn't work as it should either.
- Added an option on how existing rotations are modified by the node, allowing for nodes with different start/end frames to daisy chain using the “Add” mode.
- A version that support a change in rotation direction will come later this month.
- Includes a Preview version of the Wheel Rotation node.
- Final version of the Instance Filter. Unfortunately due to stability issues in specific cases, there's less automatic refreshing now when an instance has been picked, but also two new buttons to refresh manually.
- Redesigned the instance picking to now be a master plugin that is invoked by the active Instance Filter or Instance Inspector to work around SDK issues.
- Made sure the instance related nodes don't show a GUI in Modeler.
- Added the initial build of the Instance Filter node.
- Added the Instance Info Plus node to work around some shortcomings of the native node.
- Updated the Instance Inspector node.
- Moved all three instance related nodes to a new “Instances” section in the node editor.
- Documentation for the new nodes is still WiP.
- Fixed an issue of the spline deformer node creating junk deformations if Fit to Spline and multi-threaded Evaluation is in.
- Fixed an issue of the spline lenght not being computed as expected.
- Fixed the remaining issues in the Multi-Mixer.
Unfortunately, when adding, removing or changing inputs, the GUI needs to be re-opened manually by the user to reflect those changes.
- Fixed crashes when adding plugins on Windows 7 due to Visual Studio Compiler flags. No change to the macOS version.
This was never sent out due to issues in the Multi-Mixer.
- Final release version of the Polygon Picker - no changes except for the label of the release
- Fixed the Render Audio Notifier (Windows only) which broke when Lightwav.exe was renamed to Layout.exe (quite some time ago ;) ).
- Fixed a crash in the Polygon Picker that would occur if it was launched but there was no settings file.
- Added the first version of the Polygon Picker and added docs (Polygon Picker)
- There's still a known issue with some meshes not being picked up correctly. We'd appreciate sample scenes if you encounter that issue as well.
- Added a Plugin to open the start page of the db&w Tools wiki from Layout: (db&w Tools Documentation)
- Updated the included menu configuration branch (dbwTools.cfg) to include the latest plugins.
- Added the final version of the UV Transform tool and updated the wiki (UV Transform)
- This is feature complete for now, but I will change implementation details based on user requests if required.
- Again, sorry for the delay. But once I managed to untangle the main issue I was having, it was fairly smooth sailing.
- Added the initial UV Transform tool as a preview.
- as mentioned in the video, a few things are missing
- click on the corner handles to scale, shift-click to scale the opposite corner as well
- click on the edge handle to scale along the respective axis, shift-click to scale the opposite edge as well.
- click on the cross in the middle to move, ctrl-click to snap to the most prominent axis
- click on the far right handle to scale everything along the centre, ctrl-click to scale proportionally
- rotation has been dropped for now
- fit opens a window where the UVs can be fit to the 0..1 space either proportionally or by stretching.
- if the centre is currently outside of the 0..1 uv range, the fitting will be within the current UDIM tile as determined by the centre position.
- the viewports don't update while the “Fit…” panel is open.
- You can also use the four numeric values to manually enter a range to fit to.
- Audio Frequency Tools, made sure they load into Modeler as well (i.e. if applied to a surface)
- Fixed an issue of some tools crashing on Windows in LW 2018/2019
- Fixed the sample content to load properly into LW 2018/2019
- Audio Frequency Tools
- Package Scene support for the Audio Frequency Tools
- Proper error handling if an audio file can't be found when loading, including an option to replace the file
- Fixed cosmetic issues when rendering the audio spectrum, also changed the colour distribution
- The Channel Blender “Length” output didn't work.
- The macOS 2020 version didn't include the channel modifier. Now it does.
- Removed the thumbnail from the node since it caused drawing issues in other thumbnails.
- Changed the current time evaluation for the spectrum preview in the node to not take the nodal evaluation into account since it caused problems.
- Added the Audio Frequency channel modifier
- Updated the docs in the wiki
- Added three sample scenes using the Audio Frequency node and channel modifier
- Fixes and changes to the Audio Frequency Node:
- time blend fixed
- audio offset fixed in the node spectrum previews
- first waveform output fixed (it worked for the channels)
- audio files not being removed on a scene clear fixed
- audio file references are now saved as content relative paths if possible
- Consolidate the Frequency Mode and Range Mode selection into one, old saves are converted when loading
- Changing relevant values in the node editor GUI will now sync the Picker if appropriate.
- The Audio Frequency Node is now feature complete:
- Added the Frequency Picker window
- Added the Frequency Range Mode
- Added Interpolation
- Added the Time Range modes
- Added “Easy” outputs (from Bass to High)
- Added separate outputs for individual channels in the audio file
- Added Waveform outputs (from -1.0 to 1.0)
- Included builds for LightWave 3D 2020.
- Added the first version of the Audio Frequency node. For now, only single frequencies can be picked.
- Fixed a crash bug in the Spline Tookit that occured is a Spline was deleted.
- Fixed the bounding box calculation for the Spline Deformer Modifier
- Fixed multiple issues in the Elbow node including loading and saving as well as flushing unused connections.
- Fixed an issue in the Multi-Variables node with the Boolean.
- Fixed an issue in the Oscillator node where the Channel Mode was not accessible.
- Stay home, stay safe, stay healthy.
- Added the new Multi-Variables Node. Right click on the node to add Variables via the node menu.
- Added the new Elbow Node. Right click on the node to remove pass throughs again.
- Neither has been documented in the wiki yet, but will be throughout the day.
- Fixed a GUI bug in the Oscillator node
- Fixed an issue in the DoF Helper where the “Pick Depth” button in the camera viewport could not be activated.
- Added options to enable/disable editing the Focal Length and F-Stop in the DoF Helper, added limits for the F-Stop
- Added additional nodal inputs to the Triplanar Mapping node.
- Added the preview release of the Oscillator Node, Oscillator Node
- Added a Length and Normalised output to the Channel Blender node.
- Fixed the Preset location for the db&w Spline Primitive which used a wrong directory previously. You'll need to manually copy existing presets if you've created any.
- Added the db&w Spline Deformer modifier, which is available directly in the object properties. It is identical to the deformer, but a little bit faster as well.
- Fixed a few minor issues
- Couldn't resist to release today due to the date.
- The Spline Deformer node is feature complete, World Coordinates and the Reference Item work as well now.
- A Spline Displacement Modifier, to be used directly in the Object panel, will be added in the next few days.
- Minor tweaks to the Spline Deformer node.
- Added the documentation for dbwOpenDir and the Spline Deformer node.
- Updated the db&w Tools Menu branch (dbwTools.cfg)
- Preview Build
- This build includes the first version of the Spline Deformer node. World Coordinates and the Reference Object are currently not supported.
- “dbwOpenDir” has been included as well, this generic plugin opens the LW Settings directory in Explorer/Finder by default, but can also open other directories.
Please note, this is likely the last version this month until the Q&A stream at the end of the month. Please test it and get back to us.
tools/release_history.1620485246.txt.gz · Last modified: 2021/05/08 16:47 by lightwolf